Find Dancewear in Your City
DAC – Making a difference in Canada since 1991
DAC is a trade organization that is comprised of both dance retailers and manufacturers. This unique combination creates a mutually beneficial partnership, rich in knowledge and industry specific discussion. The networking, solution-oriented discussion, support and non-competitive atmosphere of DAC makes being a member valuable whether you have been in the industry for 3 months, 3 years or 3 decades. Being a DAC member and attending the annual DAC Conference provides retailers direct access to manufacturing executives, industry information and non-competitive peer relationships.
All DAC members have been approved based on their operating as a legitimate manufacturer or retailer with representation in Canada as well as doing business inside the DAC code of ethics.
Want to join DAC?
It is easy…
- First, click here to submit your membership payment of $175.00 using your Visa or Mastercard (in the event your membership is not approved your card will be refunded in full).
- Second, after you have submitted your membership payment, fill out the DAC Retail Application Form or DAC Manufacturer Application Form to complete the process.
Retail Member Benefits:
- Open dialogue with manufacturing executives regarding product design, production and development
- Specialized knowledge regarding marketing and retailing with guest speakers at the annual DAC conference
- Opportunity to network, share ideas and discuss common problems with others in the industry
- Increased profitability with members-only discounts from leading dancewear manufacturers
- Instant access to current trends in the dancewear industry
- Strong personal ties with company executives
- Vast wealth of experience with long-standing members
- Free Store listing and website link on the DAC website that annually receives over 100,000 visits
Manufacturer Member Benefits:
- The opportunity to deepen your existing relationship with your Canadian retail buyers at the annual DAC conference (AGM)
- Access to meeting and presenting products to prospective clients at the DAC trade show (only DAC dancewear manufacturing members are permitted to be a vendor at the trade show)
- Feedback from Canadian retailers regarding industry trends and emerging opportunities
- Share specific knowledge of your product lines, differentiate yourself from the competition and demonstrate your support to the Canadian dance market
- Keep Canada’s leading retailers up-to-date with your company’s developments through the DAC newsletter, which is presented through the year
- Opportunity to advertise on the DAC website (open to DAC manufacturing members only) to the 100,000 plus visitors to the site each year
Membership Fees are $175 per year.
” The Dancewear Association of Canada offers Dance store owners and their employees the chance to meet and interact with people who share their interest and love of dance and dance retail. It’s a chance to talk to non-competing stores and our suppliers about issues we all face and learn how others are dealing with those issues.”
- Scott, Harlequin Costume & Dance, Winnipeg, Manitoba