Find Dancewear in Your City
DAC is a trade organization, created in 1991, that is comprised of both dance retailers and manufacturers.
The commitment of the organization is to support and encourage the dance industry in Canada. Members gather at the annual conference and trade show to share ideas, view products, network, socialize and expand industry knowledge.
The unique combination of retail and manufacturer members creates a mutually beneficial partnership, rich in knowledge and industry specific discussion. Topics vary from the design, development and production of dancewear products, to the delivery, marketing and retailing of them.
The networking, solution-oriented discussion, support and non-competitive atmosphere of DAC makes being a member valuable as well as unifies the industry in doing everything possible to strengthen and support dance in Canada.
The Dance Association of Canada awards the Barbara Uhoda Scholarship to one or more dancers each year to support and nurture a Canadian Dancer’s career.
DAC is a not for profit organization whose executive are member-elected volunteers.
2011 DAC Executive
- President: Erin Duncan, The Dance Box Ltd.
- Past President: Marie West, Bodywrappers/Angelo Luzio
- Vice President Retail: Julia Leone, Instep Activewear
- Vice President Manufacturing: Sharon Norris, Voce Enterprise (BLOCH)
- Secretary/Treasurer: Eileen & Richard Pendred
- Technology & Communications: Amber Riedel, Inspirations Dancewear